Date: Dec 30, 2017
Title: 2018 Updates/Changes
As 2018 nears, there will be some changes in policies in regards to Miller’s Martial Arts. Some of the changes reflect the direction and guidance of the Pan Am Tang Soo Do Headquarters. Some of the points listed are just reinforcements of years past, others are new changes. We have tried to maintain consistency throughout our program and will continue to do so in the upcoming year. We offer classes 4-5 times per week that include additional classes for tournaments and demonstrations if you choose to participate in those activities. With that being said, there will be an increase in tuition starting January 1, 2018. There will be continued savings if you decide to choose to pay in 3 months, 6 months, or a year. If you have already pre-paid for multiple months, the increase will not reflect until you renew. If you use multiple month payments for a member(s) of the family and pay monthly for other(s) in the family there is no discount. The discount is only applied if you pay multiple months for all members in the family. Listed below are the changes to policy/tuition starting in 2018:
- Snow Day Policy: If Richland School District cancels school for the day or dismisses early due to weather, there will be NO class that evening.
- Demonstration Team: Members now will write a 1 page essay of why they want to become a member of the team. They then will be assigned a Black Belt that is currently a team member and perform a small demonstration for the Instructors. If selected to the team, requirements include the following: Purchase of demo team uniform, mandatory 5 demonstrations per calendar year (Jan-Dec), and monthly trainings. You are permitted to miss regular practices throughout year; however excessive misses will put you on a probationary period.
- Testing: Cho Dan Bo, Deputy Black Belt, and Dan Pre-testing will continue to be held in the February and August only. Students are only allowed to miss 1 testing per calendar year (Jan-Dec), unless approved by instructor. A student must remain in good standings to be able to test. Class attendance is a primary, but not the only factor in testing eligibility. Colored Belt Testing will now be held in February. May, August, and November. Months are subject to change. As a reminder in regards to class attendance, students coming only to “specialty” classes will not get credit for class that evening. Those extra classes are bonus training sessions. Regular class attendance, meaning your regular class is required. For example: Attending tournament class only that evening or Black Belt class does not go towards your class requirements. However, if you attend those in addition to the regular class it will be counted.
- Sewing: All items must be pre-paid prior to being left in check form to Nancy Rigel.
- Credit Cards: Although they are accepted, a minimum of $10 purchase must be made. As well, every credit card purchase is subject to a $5 surcharge per transaction.